Regular Board Meeting Highlights - May 1, 2018
May 1, 2018 - The Board of Trustees is pleased to share with all education stakeholders the highlights of our recent Board meeting held on Tuesday, May 1, 2018. The adopted minutes will be available on our website following the next Regular Board meeting.
- The Board welcomed a delegation of students from High Park School who presented on a trip earlier this year to a Gay Straight Alliance Conference in Calgary. The GSA Conference was a safe event that students from all over Alberta could attend. The students acknowledged that the conference provided useful resources and knowledge that was very helpful in running the High Park GSA - Youth Alliance.
- The Board approved the monthly financial report for the period ending March 31, 2018. As of March 31st, 2018, 60.43% of revenues have been collected for the year compared to 59.04% of expenses paid out to date resulting in total year-to-date surplus of $1,229,458.
- The Board approved the 2018-2019 Preliminary Budget Assumptions.
- The Board established an operating reserve in the amount of $900,900 to support expenditures for the Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) Phone System.
- The Board approved the 2019-2020 School Calendar in principle.
- The Board approved the request for Minsterial Approval to appoint the position of Superintendent of Schools.