Parent volunteers are an integral part of our school and its educational climate. According to school division policy there is an applicant and screening process which must be adhered to.
If you would like to help as a Parent Volunteer, please come into the school office and complete a Parent Volunteer form. Once our needs have been identified, we will contact you. Be sure to record your hours in the booklet provided in the workroom. According to school division policy parent volunteers must undergo a child welfare check and criminal check.
Please contact the school office at 780-963-2222 regarding information about these requirements.
- Provide teachers with added instructional time by relieving them of non-instructional tasks.
- Enrich the school’s programs by acting as community resource personnel.
- Provide added individual attention and assistance.
- Provide assistance with many of the High Park School PAL (Parents' Advisory League) sponsored activities.
- Develop a greater understanding of the challenges in education today.
- Sustain a high level of confidentiality within and outside of the school.
- Wear their nametags while in the school for the security and protection of our students .
Duties of Parent Volunteers Include:
- Preparation of instructional materials, art displays, hot lunches.
- Participation in special projects such as art, swimming, and skating activities, field trip supervision assistance, baking.
- Working with students on tasks as assigned by the teacher, but not assessment of student performance.
- Collecting resource materials, typing, assisting in the library.
How to Become a Volunteer
As part of Parkland School Division Administrative Procedure 316, all volunteers are required to:
- Complete a Volunteer Registration Form
- Provide a Criminal Records Check
- Provide a Vulnerable Sector Check
- Sign a Confidentiality Agreement
Please review the Division Administrative Procedures regarding volunteers.